Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Verb+Noun=disappointment of+relief
Message de felin posté le 10-04-2006 à 18:06:51 (S | E | F | I)

Bonsoir tout le monde

Correction Samedi soir.15/04/06

1.Verb + disappointment

Complete the sentences with the correct form of the following verbs:
avoid, be, end in, express, hide, get over

1. The Prime Minister ............. disappointment at the lack of progress in the talks.
2. It's a very popular restaurant, so book early to ................ disappointment.
3. I found it difficult to ......... my disappointment at not being picked for the team.
4. He didn't get the job, but I'm sure he'll soon ..............the disappointment.
5. Failing the exam .................. a bitter disappointment to me.
6. The match ...................disappointment when we lost two goals late in the closing minutes of the game.

2. Noun + of + disappointment

Complete the sentences with the following nouns:
sense of, look of, string of

1. I'll never forget the ..............disappointment on his face when I told him I couldn't marry him.
2. There was a real ...............disappointment when we failed to reach the final.
3. We've suffered a whole ..................disappointments this week. Nothing seems to be going right for us at the moment.

3. Verb + relief

Complete the sentences with the correct form of the following verbs:
sigh with, come as, feel

1. When our neighbours left at one in the morning, I ............. an incredible sense of relief. I was beginning to think they were going to stay all night!
2. News of the child's safety ................ a great relief to all involved in the search.
3. We had to fly through some pretty scary weather over the Alps, and when the plane eventually touched down, many of us ............... relief.

Good luck.

-------------------
Modifié par felin le 10-04-2006 19:28

-------------------
Modifié par felin le 10-04-2006 20:14

Réponse: Verb+Noun=disappointment of+relief de bobine, postée le 10-04-2006 à 18:47:44 (S | E)
hello,

1.Verb + disappointment

1. The Prime Minister expressed disappointment at the lack of progress in the talks.
2. It's a very popular restaurant, so book early to avoid disappointment.
3. I found it difficult to hide my disappointment at not being picked for the team.
4. He didn't get the job, but I'm sure he'll soon get over the disappointment.
5. Failing the exam was a bitter disappointment to me.
6. The match ended in disappointment when we lost two goals late in the closing minutes of the game.

1. I'll never forget the look of disappointment on his face when I told him I couldn't marry him.
2. There was a real sense of disappointment when we failed to reach the final.
3. We've suffered a whole string of disappointments this week. Nothing seems to be going right for us at the moment.

3. Verb + relief

1. When our neighbours left at one in the morning, I felt an incredible sense of relief. I was beginning to think they were going to stay all night!
2. News of the child's safety came as a great relief to all involved in the search.
3. We had to fly through some pretty scary weather over the Alps, and when the plane eventually touched down, many of us sighed with relief.

Réponse: Verb+Noun=disappointment of+relief de maya13, postée le 10-04-2006 à 18:47:55 (S | E)
hello felin and thank yhou,

Verb+disappointment

- expressed
- to avoid
- to hide
- get over
- was
- ended in

Noun+ of+disappointment

- look of
- sense of
- string of

Verb+relief

- felt
- came as
- sighed with

Réponse: Verb+Noun=disappointment of+relief de felin, postée le 15-04-2006 à 17:51:27 (S | E)
Bonsoir Bobine et Maya

Voici la correction:

1. Verb + disappointment

1. The Prime Minister expressed disappointment at the lack of progress in the talks.
2. It's a very popular restaurant, so book early to avoid disappointment.
3. I found it difficult to hide my disappointment at not being picked for the team.
4. He didn't get the job, but I'm sure he'll soon get over the disappointment.
5. Failing the exam was a bitter disappointment to me.
6. The match ended in disappointment when we lost two goals late in the closing minutes of the game.

1. I'll never forget the look of disappointment on his face when I told him I couldn't marry him.
2. There was a real sense of disappointment when we failed to reach the final.
3. We've suffered a whole string of disappointments this week. Nothing seems to be going right for us at the moment.

3. Verb + relief

1. When our neighbours left at one in the morning, I felt an incredible sense of relief. I was beginning to think they were going to stay all night!
2. News of the child's safety came as a great relief to all involved in the search.
3. We had to fly through some pretty scary weather over the Alps, and when the plane eventually touched down, many of us sighed with relief.

Notes

I. Note these expressions with disappointment:
Cher had to cancel the concert - to the great disappointment of her fans.
Hingis described the defeat as the biggest disappointment of her tennis career.

2. Note that you can be a disappointment to someone:
I'm afraid I was a disappointment to my parents. They wanted me to be a doctor.

3. Note these expressions with 'relief:
I breathed /I let out/ I heaved / gave a sigh of relief when the exam finished.
I don't have to make a speech when I receive the prize tonight. What a relief.
It was such a relief to hear that he was safe and well.

à vous deux pour votre participation.
Vous avez bien travaillé vous deux, aucune faute.

Réponse: Verb+Noun=disappointment of+relief de bobine, postée le 15-04-2006 à 19:23:57 (S | E)
Merci chère Felin

C'est surtout grâce à la qualité de tes cours et exercices. Merci et bon week end

-------------------
Modifié par felin le 15-04-2006 20:56 . Merci à toi aussi.

Réponse: Verb+Noun=disappointment of+relief de whynot95, postée le 16-04-2006 à 10:23:24 (S | E)
Sorry dear Felin I totally forgot this exercise
-------------------
Modifié par felin le 16-04-2006 13:26 Hello, no problem.

Réponse: Verb+Noun=disappointment of+relief de ash2000, postée le 17-04-2006 à 13:18:50 (S | E)
hellofelin,

1 verb + disappointement

1 express
2 get over
3 hide
4 avoid
5 is
6 was ending in

2 noun + of + disappointement

1 sense of
2 look of
3 string of

3 verb + relief

1 felt
2 come as
3 was sighed with

Good bye

-------------------
Modifié par felin le 17-04-2006 14:00 Hello Ash, 3 posts au dessus vous avez la correction que je vous laisse regarder car vous avez quelques erreurs . Merci pour votre participation.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux