Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons, traductions...
Tout ce qui n'a pas un rapport direct avec les difficultés liées à la langue anglaise: par exemple, les thèmes généraux sur l'apprentissage de la langue, les jeux, les demandes de traductions de chansons etc.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Papacy by numbers
Message de jardin62 posté le 04-04-2005 à 16:03:21 (S | E | F | I)

Non pas à cause de la difficulté de compréhension mais de la difficulté d'élocution
(THE TIMES - Saturday, April 2)-
(Essayez -c'est un exercice de souffle intéressant- de lire tout haut cet article truffé de nombres, où foisonnent les mots transparents.)
* C'est aussi une façon de parler ici, de façon objective, du pape Jean Paul II.
- 'Since the start of his pontificate on October 16, 1978, Pope John Paul II completed 104 pastoral visits outside of Italy and 146 within Italy. As Bishop of Rome he visited 317 of the 333 parishes. His principal documents included 14 encyclicals, 15 apostolic exhortations, 11 apostolic constitutions and 44 apostolic letters. He also published 5 books. He presided at 147 beatification ceremonies (1,338 Blesseds proclaimed) and 51 canonisation ceremonies (482 saints). He held 9 consistories in which he created 231 cardinals. He also convened 6 plenary meetings of the College of Cardinals. He presided at 15 Synods of Bishops. No other pope encountered as many individuals as John Paul II. More than 17,600, 000 pilgrims participated in the general audiences held on Wednesdays (more than 1,160). This figure does not include all the other special audiences and religious ceremonies held (more than 8 million pilgrims during the Great Jubilee Year 2000 alone) and the millions of faithful met during pastoral visits made in Italy and throughout the world. During 38 official visits to other nations the Pope held 737 audiences and meetings with heads of state, and 245 audiences and meetings with prime ministers.'
Pronunciation:
'papacy : PPS
en'cyclicals : NSKLKLZ
'synods : SNDZ

Réponse: Papacy by numbers de traviskidd, postée le 04-04-2005 à 18:40:24 (S | E)
Interesting that the preterit, and not the present perfect, is used. It's almost as if the pope's death were no longer current news!

RIP Karol Wojtyla, Pope John Paul II.

Réponse: Papacy by numbers de jardin62, postée le 04-04-2005 à 20:43:31 (S | E)
Indeed...
RIP.

Réponse: Papacy by numbers de ella9, postée le 04-04-2005 à 22:21:42 (S | E)
well done! good practice indeed!a way to learn things media like tv will not necessarily mention!

Réponse: Papacy by numbers de jardin62, postée le 05-04-2005 à 04:44:00 (S | E)
I imagine you have actually performed the reading in a loud voice: not so easy at first, is it?
I have scanned the article for my pupils ( they are in their 4th year) and I will give them a copy when I see them today so that they can try it. (Sort of 'warmer'...) They will have to do their best with long transparent words, stressed syllables, numbers. They will also have to see where to get their breath back...
I will tell you, even if it's been a complete fiasco!

Réponse: Papacy by numbers de traviskidd, postée le 05-04-2005 à 06:27:02 (S | E)
LOL ... I don't think this article was meant to be read aloud!!

Réponse: Papacy by numbers de jardin62, postée le 05-04-2005 à 18:08:48 (S | E)
Of course not. It wasn't 'meant' to be read aloud, but I feel free to read it aloud and to make my pupils try to read it aloud.
They had a go this morning...and managed not to be completely out of breath...and we had fun anyway...

Réponse: Papacy by numbers de ella9, postée le 05-04-2005 à 21:36:40 (S | E)
I was curious to know how it was today with your pupils and when you say 4th year what do U mean in French?

Réponse: Papacy by numbers de vance, postée le 08-04-2005 à 08:40:22 (S | E)
Perhaps you could also add the number of catholics int the world, together with the percentage they represent among other christians, and also among the world pope-ulation (sorry for the very bad pun) in general ? These should be difficult on to say (I don't have the figures)

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 08-04-2005 10:13
Attention de coller au thème de base de ce topic et de ne pas faire glisser le sujet sur une autre voie.

Réponse: Papacy by numbers de jardin62, postée le 08-04-2005 à 10:01:02 (S | E)
Sorry ella9 for not being clear enough!
*My 4th year-pupils => the pupils who have already studied English for at least 3 years : they are now in their 4th year (I mean '3ème' according to the French system)-
** :To speak the truth, they are now used to their teacher's unusual ideas and quite agreed to play: one of them pretended he was a 'Great Cardinal' and was delivering these incredible pieces of information to the crowd! ( He made us actually believe he was, adding gestures while performing his speech)/ To be honest, it was quite difficult and we didn't go to the end of it!
***'Please, let us breathe!'

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux