Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons, traductions...
Tout ce qui n'a pas un rapport direct avec les difficultés liées à la langue anglaise: par exemple, les thèmes généraux sur l'apprentissage de la langue, les jeux, les demandes de traductions de chansons etc.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Covering letter
Message de bamoo posté le 08-10-2005 à 16:14:47 (S | E | F | I)

Hello,
Could you please help me to correct my covering letter. Moreover, your remarks are welcome !
Thanks

---------

Dear Mr XXX :

I am keen to extend my experience of the computing industry while I am studying at X. Presently, I am doing a Master level in Computing and I am writing to enquire if you have any suitable positions. Please find enclosed my curriculum vitae.

As student, I must do an internship for 4-5 months (starting in the beginning of May) and I would like do it in your company because I know you are searching people to solve technical challenges. So, your company seems to me be the good choice to reach my goals, since I'm used to deal with technical problems (for example, I participate to the French Robotic cup). Moreover, I would like to discover Britain’s work culture. It could be a great advantage later for my next job, especially because your company is an international company.

Through my educational experiences as well as my extracurricular activities, I have developed a solid background in computing. You can expect me to work hard to adapt myself to the needs and skill level of your company. Moreover, my short work experience in the enterprise world has developed many skills, particularly team work, and I think that I could bring ideas and enthusiasm to the job.

Your company could give me the opportunity to have an international experience. So, I could learn a lot about your way of working and I could develop good communication skills.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Me

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 08-10-2005 16:16
divers

Réponse: Covering letter de lucile83, postée le 09-10-2005 à 07:51:34 (S | E)
Hello,
Dear Mr XXX :

I am keen to extend my experience of the computing industry while I am studying at X. Presently, I am doing a Master level in Computing and I am writing to enquire if you have any suitable positions. Please find enclosed my curriculum vitae.

As a student, I must do an internship for 4-5 months (starting in the beginning of May) and I would like to do it in your company because I know you are searching people to solve technical challenges. So, your company seems to me be the good choice to reach my goals, since I'm used to deal with technical problems (for example, I participate to the French Robotic cup). Moreover, I would like to discover Britain working culture. It could be a great advantage later for my next job, especially because your company is an international company.

Through my educational experiences as well as my extracurricular activities, I have developed a solid background in computing. You can expect me to work hard to adapt myself to the needs and skill level of your company. Moreover, my short work experience in the enterprise world has developed many skills, particularly team work, and I think that I could bring ideas and enthusiasm to the job.

Your company could give me the opportunity to have an international experience. So, I could learn a lot about your way of working and I could develop good communication skills.

Yours sincerely,
Me

Je n'ai pas vu beaucoup de fautes !
See you soon

Réponse: Covering letter de ourimba, postée le 11-10-2005 à 04:49:40 (S | E)

I often recruit people to fill technical poitions at my company. Here are some changes that would make the text more appropriate (for a US company at least)

Hello,
Dear Mr XXX :

I am keep to extend very interested in expanding my experience of in the computing industry while I am studying at X. Presently, I am doing completing a Masters level in Computing and I am writing to enquire if you have any suitable positions for which you think I would be suitable. Please find enclosed my curriculum vitae.

As a student, I must am required to do an internship for 4-5 months (starting in at the beginning of May) and I would very much like to do it conduct my internship in at your company because as I know you are searching looking for people to who can handle complex technical solve challenges. So, y Your company seems to me to be the good an ideal choice to reach for reaching my goals, since I'm used to deal I am very comfortable dealing with technical problems (for example, I participated to in the French Robotic cup). Moreover, I would like to discover Britain be able to gain experience in a British working culture. It could believe it would be a great advantage later for my next job, especially because your company is an international company. Since your company has an International presence, I believe my experience there would be very benefical to my future career goals

Through my educational experiences as well as my extracurricular activities, I have developed a solid background in computing. You can expect me to work hard to adapt myself to the needs and skill level of your company. Moreover, my short work experience in the enterprise world a corporate work environment has allowed me to developed many skills, particularly team work, and I think that I could bring new ideas and enthusiasm to the job.

Your company could give me the opportunity to have an international experience. So, I could learn a lot about your way of working and I could develop good communication skills. No need for this last paragraph, you have already made these points earlier in your letter

Yours sincerely,
Me

Réponse: Covering letter de bamoo, postée le 13-10-2005 à 16:42:23 (S | E)
Thank you very much for your help !!!

I've already done changes that you suggested me. However, there is some things I don't understand as :

a Masters : why a "s" ?

"for example, I participated in the French Robotic cup"
=> In fact, I'll participate this year again. Must I use the preterite ?

Réponse: Covering letter de bamoo, postée le 13-10-2005 à 16:56:49 (S | E)
I have another question. I'm a student in an engineering university in France and I would like to say :
"one of the top French engineering universities in France, which has earned a reputation for..."
I'm not sure, but should I use "which" or "who" ? What's the difference ?

Réponse: Covering letter de joy813, postée le 13-10-2005 à 17:07:52 (S | E)
Hello,

Who, which ant that sont des pronoms relatifs.

who ==> personne(s)
which ==> animal ( aux) ou chose(s)
that (personnes, animaux ou choses)

Dans votre phrase,which est tout à fait correct, et vous auriez pu choisir that également.

Joy

Réponse: Covering letter de willy, postée le 13-10-2005 à 18:03:01 (S | E)
Hello !

Si ta proposition relative est une simple explicative, dont on peut donc se passer sans nuire au sens de la phrase, which est OK et il est précédé d'une virgule pour distinguer les deux propositions. "That" ne peut être utilisé.

Par contre, si cette relative est indispensable à la compréhension de la phrase, il n'y aura pas de virgule et "that" et "which" sont possibles.

Réponse: Covering letter de ourimba, postée le 13-10-2005 à 22:24:31 (S | E)
Thank you very much for your help !!! You are most welcome. I'm happy to help

I've already done made the changes that you suggested me. However, there is are some things I don't understand such as :

a Masters : why an "s" ? It should be master's with a possessive apostrophe, but it is often written just as masters - either is fine

"for example, I participated in the French Robotic cup"
=> In fact, I'll participate this year again. Must I use the preterite ?
Yes because you are talking about something you did in the past. If you would like to state that you did it before and are intending to do it again you can say:

for example I participated in the French Robotic cup last year, and am planning to do so again this year

or if you have done it more than once previously you can say:

For example I have been participating in the French Robotic cup every year since 200_

Réponse: Covering letter de bamoo, postée le 14-10-2005 à 23:00:39 (S | E)
Ok, it seems that "Masters level" is really more used than "Master's level" :
Lien Internet

Thank you for your help ! I think it'll be very useful...

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux